Notary Public Services and Commissioner of Oaths
A Notary Public is a public officer who is authorized to serve in non-contentious matters. A Notary Public is able to administer oaths and affirmations, take affidavits and statutory declarations, witness the execution of signatures, certification of documents, witnessing affidavits, and more. This is known as notorial services. Documents certified by notary public are sealed with a notary public seal. Documents that are notarized are recognized by foreign offices, government offices, banks and financial institutions, etc. In Ontario, a Commissioner of the Oaths is an official person who is empowered to administer and witness the swearing of oaths, and take and receive affidavits, statutory declarations and affirmations. The person who is swearing an oath, making an affirmation or making a declaration is generally called a deponent or declarant. Two pieces of government issued identification is required and the person must be present in front of the Commissioner. In addition, the Commissioner must be satisfied that the identity and signature of the declarant or deponent is valid.
What does a Notary Public Do?
• A notary public appointed under the authority of the law has the power to:
• Administer or Commission Oaths and Affirmations
• Cerfify and Witness Affidavits
• Drafting Affidavits
• Statutory Declarations Confirming Identity
• Statutory Declaration of Marriage Status or Validity
• Statutory Declaration of Property Ownership
• Witnessing Signature
• Certify True Copy of School - College Diplomas, Certificates, University Degrees
• Certify a document as a true copy
• Provide affidavits of lost document
• Letter of Invitation for the Purposes of Applying for a Canadian Visitor's Visa
• Statutory Declaration for Name Changes
• Permanent Resident Card Applications
• Statutory declaration for lost/stolen passport
• Notarization of Criminal Record Check
• Consent to Travel with Child
• Affidavit of Divorce
• Notarize Application Forms
• Professional Applications
• Proof of Loss of Vehicle
• Passport Application for Child and Adults
• Notarization of Mortgage and Loan Documents
Notary Public Fees
At Scardicchio Law Office Professional Corporation, we offer competitive fees for notary public services. Our fees are based on your individual needs. Contact one of our qualified Notary Public's today to discuss your needs. Our Lawyers are available to accomodate clients in our Mississauga Office and Brampton Office.
Our Notary Public Lawyers are available to assist you today
A Law Firm. You Can Trust.
CALL US (647) 607-7529